Sunday, December 30, 2012

The End




 China blog 2012 is done.  It’s a wrap. 

Before I go any further, let me address the one question that I know is on everyone’s mind and we have been asked a lot since arriving home….will there be a China blog 2013?  I don’t know.  I don’t think so.  We aren’t planning on one but we didn’t plan on a 2012 blog either so your guess is as good as mine.  I will say this, Mason really needs a brother.  The boy can braid hair and friendship bracelets like nobody’s business and is the perfect brother to all his sisters but he needs some additional testosterone here in the house.

The one thing that I do know is, Dan and I feel lead to do more in the area of adoption and orphans.  But the more part is what we are seeking clarity on.  More as in being mentors or advocates?  More mission trips?  Giving more of our time or giving more financially to orphan causes?  Being adoptive parents to more???  It’s just not a question that I can answer yes or no to right now so like us you will just have to wait and see.

The following will sound a bit like an Oscar speech and I would totally be one of those celebrities who goes on so long they have to que the music when giving an acceptance speech but there were so many people who were with us during this journey that I must thank…..

I want to thank Karin, Noelle’s advocate, and all waiting children advocates who have the passion to advocate for those who do not have a voice.  I can’t imagine how much longer Noelle would have waited had it not been for Karin’s involvement.  Noelle had been waiting on the shared list for almost two years by the time we found her.

Thank you to our family members that supported us in this journey.  Many of you may have secretly thought we were crazy but you kept it a secret and loved and supported us anyways.

The Byrds.  Oh wow, what on Earth would we have done without you?!  Mike & Magan, thank you for loving our kids as if they were your own.  Thank you for being the “fun” parents.  I know Mason thanks you the most.  And as far as Mikah and Mason go?  We are totally in on that whole arranged marriage idea you got goin’ on.

Thank you to Jerry Jay.  Thank you for the hilarious good morning emails that you sent us in China.  I don’t care how many times I see a picture of a dog answering the phone it’s hilarious every time.  Hello.  Yes, this is dog.

I want to thank Kelsey for taking the time to be my Blogger and Facebook editor in chief.

A huge thanks Chris and Kristin, our fellow travel mates while in Guangzhou.  You two were such a blessing to us and Noelle.  Thank you for being such great listeners and fun dinner pals.  Promise to stop in and say hi the next time you’re in Portland.

Many thanks to our Remember Nhu House church for feeding the Byrds, our kids and us.  

Thank you to those of you that lifted our family, Noelle, Dan and I up in prayer.  There were days that it was the prayers of many that sustained us and helped us get through the day.

Much love and thanks to my Man.  Thank you for being the voice of reason during my many moments of just pure insanity during this journey.  I love your heart for always wanting to do the right thing and for being obedient (and we both know that this was a journey of obedience).  I can’t imagine going through five adoptions with anyone but you.  I love you, Danny Boy Meister. 


These photos have nothing to do with this post other than it’s not only the end of this blog but it’s also the end of 2012 so I thought I’d post 12 of my favorite photos from 2012:

12.) Little One was a princess this year.
11.) It was Bonich who said it best, "Hey folks, it's Honey Boo Boo's Asian cousin."
10.) My Man.  Just as handsome on the inside as he his on the outside.  
9.) Saying goodbye to Willamette's newest bear cat.

8.) She wanted a picture with me.
7.) He cleans up well.

6.) My very own Pinkalicious.
5.) Saying goodbye to TCU's newest horned frog.
4.) I thought it was Mason who was most excited about his first day of baseball practice but really it was Dan.
3.) It is without a doubt the hardest thing ever not having her like me but seeing how much she loves her daddy is a very beautiful thing.
2.) It's not often we get a non-scrunchy smile from our little gal.  This is one of my very favorites of  her.
1.) The picture that stole my heart just 47 days into 2012.
 Thank you again for being with us during this journey.
With love and blessings, 
Danae
The End

3 comments:

  1. Well I am excited to see where and how God leads your family in 2013!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, Girl! You blow me away with this blog post!!! May GOD lead and guide you every teeny tiny step of the way. May HE shower your family with remarkable blessings, amazing gifts, and loving memories in 2013. Love, love, love that Meister Family :) Coll

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just caught up on your journey. I have happy tears for your sweet family. I just learned so much about God's heart reading your story. The Meister Family has something extra special. Thank you for sharing and opening your heart. A family of 7! I am in awe of the ways you all express love and fun. Joanne MacDonald

    ReplyDelete