Thursday, December 6, 2012

Last Post from China

China 2012 is done.  In less than 12 hours we will be on a plane headed home.  In a weird turn events Noelle is very excited to be going home tomorrow.  She has been dancing around our hotel room, asking to see the plane tickets and telling our guide how excited she is.  I haven't seen her this excited about anything the whole trip so this is big happy surprise.
 
I don’t have a lot to say in this last post here in China .  There will be no deep thoughts.  I think I’ve hit a wall and am just really China ’d out. 
 
I thought I’d post some pictures that did not make the cut for the blog. 

Thanks for following this part of the journey with us and THANK YOU all so much for the love and prayers you sent our way.

Gotcha Day Smiles

Terra Cotta Warriors



Dan started talking to these guys and he asked them where they were from.  They said, "South Korea.  You know, like Gangham Style?"  And then of course we just had to take a photo.

So not only is this the best picture of the three of us but it also shows you that I packed and wore something other than that purple jacket!

Our Shaanxi guide, Tom (in front), his in-laws and "sweet" daughter, Candy.

Mexican Food via the subway with my favorite Mexican

Consulate Appointment
There are sooo many Beaver fans here in China!

 

6 comments:

  1. You ate Mexican food in China?!!? You are stronger than I thought.

    Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ate Mexican food in China?!?! You are tougher than I thought.

    Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see you!!! Prayers for safe travel and some sleep on the plane! That would be a miracle!!! Love Coll

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for coming home! I felt that way on our last trip too, I love China, but three trips in three years was a lot. Noelle is going to love meeting and spending time with her siblings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!!! I am so elated to read that Noelle is in your arms. What awesome pics ...and you've been riding the rollar-coaster ride so gracefully :-)
    I'll be following your journey as Noelle embraces her new life with her beautiful forever family. Funny - our JunFen went with her Chinese immersion school to see the terra cotta warrior exhibit at the Minneapolis Art museum yesterday! Blessings to you all!
    Karin, Jerry and JunFen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess it wasn't really groud hog day and you guys did go see some of the attractions. It seems just yesterday you picked her up and it went by fast, but I am sure you are ready to be home with your family. My friend who just went to Japan said by day three they were all noodled out. I am sure you will be happy were you can speak the language and be more in control. I am happy Noelle is doing much better. Have a safe journey home.

    ReplyDelete