Saturday, December 1, 2012

Baby Steps

We flew out of Xi’an yesterday without any problems.  Noelle was frightened at the airport.  We’ve noticed that she gets very scared in crowds.  She held onto Dan's hand with a death grip the whole time at the airport and she put on her game face.  We knew she was scared and she had tears in her eyes but she held it together.  She loved the plane ride and thought the free meal was the greatest thing ever.  I am so proud of her.  I know yesterday was a lot for her to take in but she marched through it like a champ.

 
We’ve also noticed that mornings are not her thing.  It’s like she wakes up and realizes that this is not a dream so we just give her some space.
 
Today we had her medical exam.  It was very chaotic with a lot of people and once again she froze and wanted to stand in a corner with Dan. 
 
She and I have had some baby steps in bonding…
 
Yesterday while waiting for our flight she came and stood next to me and asked Dan to take a picture of just her and I.
 
 
Yesterday I was trying to read a flat screen at the airport to find our gate.  Dan and Noelle kept walking but Noelle stopped told Dan that they needed to wait for Mama.  She would not walk any further with him until I caught up to them.
 
And today she and I played with Play Do for two hours and enjoyed each others company. 
 
Today, I am thankful for baby steps.

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for yo that she is starting to let you in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How terrific Danae...Prayers do work and will continue you pray for all of you!!! I can't wait until you all are back safe in the U.S.A...Gods blessings and help always...Laurie T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I am thankful for updates with pictures!!! So happy to hear things are getting better. Will continue to pray.... :) Coll

    ReplyDelete