Thursday, November 29, 2012

Grief

It’s been a rough couple of days here in Xi’an.  I know that grieving is part of the process and I know that it is healthy but gosh, it is so painful.  Our little gal is grieving and it is heartbreaking.  She is hurting and there is nothing I can do or say to help her.  Yesterday she threw things that we had brought her in a pile and took what she had came with and sat in a corner of our room and sobbed.  She cried off and on for quite a few hours yesterday.  If she saw Dan or I moving towards her to try and comfort her she would turn her back to us or put her hands up to stay away so we sat on our bed and watched her cry.  It was beyond horrible.  I felt helpless.  I finally had to leave our room and go down to the hotel lobby.
 
Today was a little better.  She cried a lot of the day and told our guide she wants to stay in China but late this afternoon there were some smiles and even laughter. 
 
I’ve been through this before with some of our other children but it doesn’t get any easier.  Noelle is also the first of our kids to decide that she doesn’t like me and that is a new one.  Dan was always the bad guy but now it’s me.  I like being the good guy much better.
 
We need your prayers.  Tomorrow we are going to her orphanage.  I’m more than  nervous about it but I know that we need to go.
 
Please pray:
For our little gal….she is so hurting right now. 
For Dan and I…the doubts are creeping in and they need to go away.
For me...I find myself taking her not liking me personally. 
For tomorrow…let it be a good visit and provide Noelle with some closure and or a little more peace.

For Friday…we leave her province.  She will get on her first airplane and we head to Guangzhou for the second half of our trip.  This comes a day after her orphanage trip and I’m worried about how emotionally fragile she could be.

 

5 comments:

  1. O Danae,
    I am praying for you and Dan and Noelle. Please know that there will come a time when Noelle will love and accept you. Ton wanted nothing to do with me for so long. He had two foster mothers and did not need another mom, thank you. He bonded with John and Jonathon. Fast forward a couple months and viola! he decided he DID want a mom. Jesel did the same with John. Now, she is a Daddy's girl. She took a bit longer, but it happened. My friend who brought home their daughter this last spring experienced the same thing and very slowly, her daughter is opening up and their relationship is starting to bloom. We will pray... With so much love and prayers, Coll

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely say a prayer for all three of you! Just hang in there! She will come around. It may take a little longer, but I hear it is much better this way because then there is true attachment. Also, you have to keep in mind her whole world is changing. It is scary for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dan and Danae...I will be praying that everything goes well and that God will be with you through this and beyond...I pray once Noelle knows you as her parents that things will be better...Big hugs to both of you and prayers always...Laurie T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just prayed for the three of you. i know this hurts your mama heart but you know it will get better. praying all three of your hearts mend together very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I have been there and it sucks... it does take time. I hope the orphanage visit will give her a chance to say goodbye to the people she has known and that she will be able to move on from here with you!

    ReplyDelete